Summer is a busy travel season and this weekend is one of the busiest travel days of the year. Let’s aim for not being that guy/gal at the airport that is dismantling their entire ensemble, schlepping a dozen small bags, and holding up the security line and let’s do it while looking stylish in the process. ;-)
I teamed up with Rebecca Spera with ABC 13 to share my tips for flawless travel day style. Click below to see the quick info-packed segment, some behind the scenes shots, and travel outfit suggestions!
Travel Day Style
Quick Tips for Arriving as Beautiful as You Left
- Drink plenty of water! Airplanes are kept at an arid 12% humidity. Guaranteed to dry you and your skin out (don’t forget moisturizer!).
- You’re going to be puffy after a flight – bring your own snacks to avoid high sodium options in the airport that will make you puffier!
- Have all your liquids already in their quart-sized baggie.
- Jewelry baggies make great organizers for your chargers and are easy ways to group jewelry by outfit if you opt not to pack them in your checked bag (I always carry mine on!).
- Keep your carry-on streamlined and as lightweight at possible. You’re potentially going to be carrying it awhile!
- Avoid fussy ensembles. Simple, yet stylish options below:
These flare jeans are SO soft and comfortable. Pants with stretch are great for travel days. Paired with a boxy, slightly shorter top you’ll have freedom to move while staying stylish.
Printed pants in a looser fit ankle length not only keep you cooler than skinnies but they help hide wrinkles from sitting for hours plus hide any stain mishaps that may come your way en route to your destination.
Slip-on shoes, a lightweight jacket you can take off when you are running through the terminal and put back on when you’ve cooled off mid-flight, a soft-sided carry-on that’s easy to stuff below your seat, and an incredibly comfy maxi dress make for a perfect travel day outfit.
Wish we had talked about packing too? Got you covered! I’ll be in Charleston on Low Country Live this week talking packing and travel style tips. If you are local, tune in! For those not in Charleston, I’ll be recapping the segment for you on the blog as usual. ;-)