I had the pleasure of appearing on Great Day Houston this Monday to talk about one of my favorite subjects: parties! From the RSVP to host/wedding gifts to what to wear to how to socialize and gracefully leave a conversation, we covered the gamut of how you can be the perfect guest.
Summer Daytime Wedding Option
Seasonless Evening Wedding Option
Leaving the Party
Knowing how to leave a conversation is helpful as is gracefully leaving a party. Here are a few tips on how to make your exit.
- Plan to stay until cake cutting! At a minimum, if there is a sit-down dinner stay for dinner.
- Congratulate and thank the happy couple sometime before you leave.
- If for some very important reason you need to leave before then, a quiet exit is recommended.
- Thank the host/organizer.
- If you are party hopping that night, plan to stay at least 30 minutes and plan a quiet exit as you just said hello to the host when you arrived.
- Unless you are part of the clean-up crew, don’t be the last to leave.
There is so much to cover around party etiquette! What did we leave out? What social grace questions do you want answered?